Dunk & Associates/Systems 24-7 Privacy Statement fr
Dunk & Associates, Systems 24-7 is committed to protecting your privacy. Please read the complete privacy statement, which is intended to explain data
collection and use in situations where you provide personal information to Dunk & Associates. This privacy statement applies to all of our websites and
does not apply to other offline Dunk & Associates manuals, products or services.
Dunk & Associates is committed to adhering to the principles of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA). It is our
goal to demonstrate our commitment to our users' privacy. This policy provides you with an opportunity to make informed choices about the management of
personal information about you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is Personal Information?
"Personal information" is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual. It does not include business contact
information and certain publicly available information such as names, addresses and telephone numbers published in telephone directories.
2. How can I contact Dunk & Associates with questions about privacy or my personal information?
If you have questions about the manner in which we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Information Officer:
Dunk & Associates
8 Hiscott Street, Unit #9
St. Catharines, ON
3. For what reasons is personal information collected?
Personal information that you volunteer may be used for the following reasons:
- To respond to your specific requests
- To provide adequate training information and newsletters
- To assist in the creation and publication of content directed toward your specific needs
- To allow you to gain access to certain areas of the website as appropriate
- To provide custom content when you access our websites
- To gain an understanding of our website users and improve our services
- To notify users about any updates to our Web site
4. Is my information sold or distributed to third parties?
Dunk & Associates does not sell, rent or otherwise share users' personal information with third parties without your permission, other than if required
by law, or in good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to either comply with the law, prepare and defend the rights or property of Dunk &
Associates, or to protect a user the user of the web site. Dunk & Associates is committed to keeping any personally identifiable data accurate, safe
and secure from misuse or alteration.
5. Do you collect any other information when I visit your website?
Dunk & Associates collects non-personally identifiable information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, domain name and access
times. This information is used strictly to ensure the proper operation of the Service and to maintain quality of service. It is not linked to personally
Dunk & Associates meets its obligations with respect to the collection use and/or disclosure of your personal information by following the 10 privacy
principles set forth in PIPEDA:
- Dunk & Associates is responsible for all personal information under its custody or control.
- The individual responsible for our compliance with these principles is Nancy Dunk and she can be reached as indicated in FAQ number 2,
- Dunk & Associates staff are aware of our privacy practices and policies.
- Dunk & Associates will require that our third party contracts contain a provision requiring their adherence to PIPEDA.
- Identifying Purpose
- The purposes for which we collect personal information are identified in FAQ number 3, above.
- The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information.
disclosure of your personal information as described herein.
- If you do not agree with these terms, you are requested not to provide any personal information to Dunk & Associates .
- Limiting Collection
- The collection of personal information will be limited to the purposes identified in FAQ number 3, except pursuant to PIPEDA Section 7(3),
in which circumstances we may be required by law to disclose information without consent.
- Limiting use, disclosure and retention
- Dunk & Associates will not use and/or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected,
unless we have first obtained your consent.
- Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for fulfillment of those purposes.
- We are committed to maintaining accurate, complete and up-to-date personal information. Should any of your personal information change,
please contact our Information Officer so that we can make the appropriate changes.
- To prevent unauthorized access and maintain the integrity of your data, Dunk & Associates has incorporated physical, technological and
organizational measures to safeguard your personal information.
- These safeguards include the use of firewalls and restricting employee access to consumer databases.
- Individual Access
- Upon request, an individual will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and will be provided
access to that information.
- An individual will be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- Requests for access will be handled by our Information Officer, Nancy Dunk.
- Challenging Compliance
- To make a formal complaint about our privacy practices, please write to our Information Officer, Nancy Dunk, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dunk & Associates will occasionally update this privacy statement, as necessary. The date of last change will be recorded pursuant to the date of last
revision found at the top of this privacy statement. If our information practices change at any time, Dunk & Associates will contact, via email, users
whose personal information we maintain, before we use such data for any new purposes. All such users will be notified of the policy change and provided a
clear and convenient opportunity to opt out of the new practices. The personal information of users who do not opt out of the new practices will be subject
to the new practices. If users have opted out of all communication with the site, they will not be contacted, nor will their personal information be used
in the new manner.
For general inquiries about privacy laws and policies in the privacy sector, you may contact:
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
112 Kent Street , Ottawa , Ontario K1A 1H3
Telephone: 1 (613) 995-8210
Toll-free: 1 (800) 282-1376
Fax: 1 (613) 947-6850